Saturday, April 4, 2009

It has been nice...

Since we moved here we have had Dave and Katie (Paul's sister and brother in law) over at least 3 times a week... if not more or we have seen them that many times a week, either we go over to their house or they come here. I wish all my family lived close enough that we could have them over for dinner and games. Currently there's no way to do that, my parents are in VA (along with my aunts and cousins), my sister is in KY, my grandma is in KS, my mother in law is in WI, my good friends from Concordia are in IN, my friends from work are in WI, my other sister in law is in Maine... they are just too spread out. I guess this is just one of those things that happens, people spread out.

So... I will enjoy the company of my sister in law and her husband. They are a lot of fun to hang out with, and there's always a friend nearby when they are close. You know how sometimes you can tell that someone loves you just by how they treat you and look at you... that's kind of how Dave and Katie are, I just know that they love us. Most of the time I don't get the jokes that Paul, Dave and Katie like to go on and on about, but that's just because I haven't been around them as much as they have been around each other. I think these things will change eventually... that I will one day start to be in the jokes because I will have spent so much time with them that it is something that just can't be avoided.

One of the things I have enjoyed the most about having them nearby is being able to cook for everyone. I enjoy making meals and putting together the table. I wonder if some of that is that I enjoy knowing that everyone is happy and well fed... it's a motherly thing I suppose, taking care of the little chicks or something. I have almost always been this way, at least as far as I can remember. I have always tried to take care of people, keep everyone happy, herd them up and make sure that they are all feeling loved. When I was in high school band I can remember doing that, I would go around and talk to everyone, make sure that people were in good spirits. If they weren't happy then I would try to figure it out and try to do something that would enable happiness. Wow even recently if I have friends or family with kids or pets that were crying or whining, I would literally devote my attention to making that one happy... I love being the source of someones comfort/happiness. It has also really bugged me when people would show any kind of not caring attitude towards someone coming to lunch/dinner/outing .... and I suppose that's cause I would think to myself "We are leaving them out, and if I were left out I wouldn't like that so we should include them in these activities too". This gets exhausting thinking of everyone like this... I usually had such a large group of people that I worried over... that I would get tired doing it. I think this move has been a good thing... I have 4 people and a cat to worry over... such a small group I have never had before.

Ok anyways, time to watch some House before we have to get ready and go out to see Paul's grandparents aka The Quacks.
bye!

No comments: