Saturday, March 5, 2011

This Week

So this week I tried to make time to do some handquilting on the quilt for Paul. So I wanted to share some pictures of it. The idea that I am going for are large group of circles and then in between the circles I have been doing a free handed sketch of a spiral, so it's not perfect but I like it! :) I like the look and feel of it in contrast to the squares of the blocks. And as you can see in the pictures, the cat loves this quilt also!





*******************************************************************

In other news... games! :) Friday night we spent the evening with Mark and Kelly, and played Pinochle and then a lot of hands of poker (not for real money, just fun chips!) I don't normally play poker and don't really know the rules that well... but apparently I am pretty good at the game. LOL I don't know how many times I won the games... but it was so much that often we had to stop and redo chips so that others could stay in the game... and three out of like 5 times we did this because they were almost all in front of me.

Then today (or yesterday, Saturday) I went to Madison and spent all day playing board games. It was a lot of fun! I love playing board games and these were all new and different games for me, except for Settlers of Catan, which we played twice, once with 6 people and the next time with only 4. The person who hosted the game playing is one of the owners of the company that my husband works at, so that was fun. There were 6 of us playing, most of them are from the Madison area. And they each take turns hosting. I was the only girl, but that was fine. It was the first time though that I hung out in an all guy group. I've never been the only girl around in a social group like that. We all got along really well, and surprisingly because I just thought it might be awkward... but they took me into their group like just another guy (I think our love of board games helped things a lot).

When I got there they were playing this card game I had never heard of called Dragon Blast. Then we played this game called Sucker (where you are a used car salesman and you win once you have sold 5 cars, it's a fun game). We also played a game that I can't remember the name of... but it was a lot of fun. It involved building towns, roads and fields using tiles. Ahh I found it! Carcassonne , this game is lots and lots of fun. I might want to one day purchase it, but maybe not. We'll see. I want to play it more though. We played a game called Merc, which was... complicated, but I am willing to play it again, apparently today we played the "not so fun" version of the game, where the bad guy was getting all the great cards. We also played Evo, where you are a dinosaur and you evolve and have so long before the meteor crashes and kills you, but in that time you earn points and whoever has the most points at the end... wins! :) And as mentioned above, we played Settlers of Catan. There are different expansion sets for this, and we played with the seafarers set as well as cities and knights. A very fun board game... which is now sold at Target which is awesome, because before I had to go to a special gaming shop.. which maybe people might still do since it would support small business's and that is always good too.

For some reason I feel like this wasn't a lot of games... but there was a lot of set up. I was there for 10 hours playing games, eating food, and just getting to know some new people. It was nice and relaxing. I left them at almost 10 and was really really hyper... took me awhile to calm down. lol The high of playing board games, new games that were a lot of fun. And of meeting new people. :) fun times.

*******************************************************************

We are still doing pretty well on our Weight Watching. :) So that's good. Paul survived today without me, and stayed within his allotted points. I didn't stay within my points, but I did try hard to eat healthier choices than just eating whatever I felt like.

I think I need to go to bed, so that I can wake up in the morning and be well rested for church. I am finding it hard to get myself to sleep tonight, so hopefully if I just lay here for awhile I will eventually just slip into sleeping land.

Night night!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love the circles and isn't it funny how cats are drawn to quilts.

Sarah Craig said...

I love your hand quilting!!! The spirals are awesome... I wish I had time to hand quilt, but I guess I'll just have to admire others' work instead!