Sunday, February 19, 2012

I've decided to start looking into school again. I have made the first step and have filled out the forms online saying I was interested. I am looking at Cardinal Stritch and University of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. I don't know much about the two schools... except I do know that UWM is definitely cheaper at $96 /credit hour. And we are probably going to just pay the bill straight out, none of this financial aid stuff. We've been in debt before and don't plan on going back anytime soon. Eventually we may end up doing that debt thing again, but if we can help it we won't. So that's one thing, and I'll post again once I know anymore about it.

I've also been working on losing weight. After having Nicholas I weighed 250 lbs... ick... I am now hovering around 235 or so. I would love to get down to 180 or even lower by next February. At which point we'll begin the journey again towards having a child. I have been kind of doing my weight watchers thing... I've been really bad and have allowed myself to stress eat while at work. So I am going to stop that. I've made a list of the foods I want to eat tomorrow and will take most of them to work with me... minus the breakfast and dinner foods. Then I will eat them throughout the day. I need to find a way to make this work for me. I know drinking water will be important as well. I've also been lifting weights with the husband and our friend, and that has been going well. Last time I did the squats it was with 80 lbs, my bench press was 60 lbs, my barbell rows were 60 lbs, my overhead press was 60 lbs and my barbell deadlifts were 80 lbs. I feel so strong! And there are muscles that I didn't realize were there that are showing up, well can't see them yet, but I can FEEL them whereas before I never realized they were there. Eventually I'll figure out what my limit is and then I'll have to start another lifting program... but still some more to go before that. I feel like I might be close with the benchpress, rows and overhead press... but we'll see. I think I am going to start walking everyday too... and eventually running again. The walking will be good, especially since I don't know when the snow will come or even if it will come. This is such a weird winter for us... hardly any snow and it's just strange!

I've been working now for 3.5 months and I love being back. Part of the reason I am looking at school is so that I can have more options within Roundy's. We are looking at me possibly working once we have kids and the hubs staying home with them. We'll see how this all works out, we are flexible and realize life my have something else in store for us. For right now though since we don't know, I will look at continuing my education and getting that degree. This is the first time in almost 10 years that I've even wanted to finish my degree... so yay me! :)

For now I am going to bed and hoping that in the morning I don't feel as sick as I do right now.

No comments: