Monday, April 2, 2012

Three in a row!

Decided that I wanted to post again... who knew that my once a month posting would turn into a daily thing?  Perhaps I just have a lot to write about?  eh I don't know.  Maybe this is a good way to find myself again, to get an idea of who I really am.  Maybe...

My house is a mess, and I work and I get home and I really don't want to clean it.  My daily schedule makes me a tired person by the time I get home.  I usually wake up sometime between 5 and 5:30.  Then I try to get to work sometime between 7 and 8... usually closer to 7:30 if I can manage.  And then I work.  And if I am lucky I don't fall asleep while I am working.  Just to explain some of what I do... well I am no longer in pricing.  I am in Grocery Merchandising.  And I am a clerk which means I am like at the bottom of the totem pole... literally.  If you were going to ask someone about the department I would be the last person you probably would ask.  1. I've been there the least amount of time and 2. I really am at the bottom.  Which is fine for now.  Part of the reason I am going back to school is so that I can have opportunity to rise and not be at the bottom of the pole.  I also have enjoyed most of the things I have learned about and look forward to learning even more.

Most of the time I enter scans... what are scans you wonder?  Well this is something we work out with the vendors, we advertise their product in our ad and they pay us some kind of ad fee to do that as well as a scandown amount.  This means that they agree to pay us for instance... $0.50 for every contracted item that's on the list.  One of the many ways money is exchanged within a grocery store business.  I get to enter the scans into our billing system.  So that once an ad is done we process the movement of the items, multiply everything out and bill the vendors.  We have a grossing model that figures out how much money we can make from the vendors for that ad.  Unfortunately this money doesn't just go into the pockets of the business, there's all the expenses and what nots to pay for.  It really is a crazy juggle of money from one hand to the other.  For every item that's in the store there's a cost that we pay the vendors to have it in the store, and then of course they are paying us to sell their items and to advertise their items.  It's just crazy how much that goes into one item being in a store or not.  I plan on learning all of the in's and out's if I can.  Anyways, entering scans can be quite boring.  I also get to run a lot of reports throughout the week, these I usually enjoy, although they could be a little more complicated... that would be fun.  Another one of the reasons I want to move up.  I want a challenge something interesting, projects that actually require me to think.  That would be nice.  Once again though... we'll see how things work out.

All that mindnumbing work leaves me quite exhausted by the end of the day.  I usually get home at 5 or 5:30 and of course i've been up now 12 hours and really just want to veg out, do something fun and interesting.  I've been having a hard time just focusing on one thing... I want to watch movies, read books, play games, listen to music, play on the internet, read emails, write emails, blog, read forums, do some cooking, quilting, and some chores if I can manage.  I just can't do everything, one my head would explode and two there's just not enough time in the day.

So I pick one thing or two things and do them.  Tonight I made dinner, read some internet things, played minecraft and watched a Game of Thrones episode.  And now I just want to go to bed.  I think I will soon here.  Goodnight world.  :)

No comments: