Thursday, July 31, 2008

Life

Sunday Pastor announced the death of a lady from the congregation, and I didn't realize who it was really because of not really knowing people's names that well. I saw her husband leaving church Sunday and realized he was alone, and through other people reacting and talking to him, I realized who it was that had passed away. Tonight I double checked the death notice, to see if that really was who I thought it was.

I never expected Henry's wife Lorraine to ever pass away, I don't know why I thought she would be around for a long time, at least until after we moved away. She always said hi to us at Sunday School, and always asked how we were doing. For awhile there we were on and off sick at the same time she was, so it was always a pleasant surprise when we were all feeling well and able to go to church. She was one of the nicest people I knew, always pleasant to talk to and sit next to. I will miss her so much.

2 comments:

Roxie said...

It just goes to remind you that smiles do not go unnoticed. I have the fondest memories of people who were not out in the foreground, but were always there with a smile and a hand shake. They are the backbone of the church usually.

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan - buy ativan bangkok