Friday, April 6, 2012

Am I collecting Underpants?

That's the question of today... isn't it?  (Read this... http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/04/05/underpants-gnomes/ ).

If I had to be completely honest with myself... and why wouldn't I be completely honest with myself?  Oh right that's easy because honestly often hurts and is hard to face and extremely hard to cope with sometimes... whatever.  If I had to be completely honest with myself then I would say, yes I do collect a lot of underpants.  I can name them all too... Books, Fabric, Cookbooks, Blogs to read, Fitness ideas, lots and lots of ideas.

I guess the biggest thing is getting past the Phase 1 of collecting said underpants.  And probably the next biggest thing is which pile of underpants do I want to work with first?  I don't think I could work with a bunch of them at one time so I will try one or two at a time.  Ugh it's hard to choose.  I don't know if I can choose.  Some of them go hand in hand.

1. Books... the end goal for my collecting of books is to have a larger variety of entertainment.  I often want to try out an author so I buy the book and then have the book and never get to actually trying out the author.  That needs to change.  I am working on that I guess.  I have been reading books lately.  Perhaps that one is ok how it is, maybe I don't have to do anything more or less with that since I guess I am making it to Phase 3... I am reading some books, there's only so much you can read at a time.

2. Fabric... yes this one that I have been kind of successful with and kind of not.  I have tons of ideas and things that I want to try, but haven't tried.  I think in order to do this then Phase 2 needs to be "Finish one project in the month"  or "Finish one step of the project in the month."  That might be better since some projects are quite large.  I'll start with finishing the mug rug that I had started and actually sending it off like I intended to.

3.  Cookbooks... this kind of goes along with getting healthy and fitness.  I mostly want to enjoy cooking. Is there any way to help yourself enjoy cooking more?  I would imagine it would be to actually cook more often.  So perhaps I should make one new meal a weekend as practice.  That seems doable doesn't it?  *shrug*  Now that I am eating gluten free it's a little bit more difficult, I need to watch labels a lot closer and well... sometimes they just aren't labeled as gluten free.  Eh, oh well.  I will figure this one out as I go.  I know that there are a lot of blogs out there that I could read and review and perhaps even try out recipes from time to time.

4. Blogs to read... it seems that is a bit of cooking, books, quilting, fitness... I need to find a quick way to clean up my blog list.  Google reader is not very user friendly when you want to get rid of things.  I tried unsubscribing and then it just would refresh and keep me subscribed.  Such a pain!  If anyone knows of an easier way to do this then please let me know.  It would make my blog reading happier if I could do that.

5. Fitness... I definitely have a lot of ideas about what I want to do in order to be healthy.  I think perhaps once we get back into weight lifting that this will be a little bit easier.  I definitely want to do couch to 5k.  I really want to be able to run a 5k and one day a marathon.  I don't know where this desire came from but it's burning inside of me like a fire, a little light goal in the distance.  I've never been much of a runner but it just seems so freeing, so nice and empowering and you get yourself some place with your own two feet... just you and your feet, going along, wind whipping around you.  Sounds great to me.

So... sometimes I feel loss, like I've lost myself and I'm not who I used to be and that I don't really know where I'm going.  But I look at this list of interests and I see me, the new me.  Some of these things are from before, some are from after, but they all collectively are me.  Life changing events happen, things change in your life and you just have to go with the flow even if that flow feels too strong and overpowering... perhaps that's why it's easier to go along with it than to fight it.

No comments: